The Cochrane Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of the Town of Cochrane community. The Library will support these endeavours through proctoring services subject to the requirements of the issuing educational institutions and the availability of the Librarians and library resources.
Examination proctoring will be provided for a fee of $20.00 per exam.
Proctoring is subject to the following conditions:
1. A minimum of one week advance notice is required for initial proctoring to ensure all documentation and information is supplied by the issuing institution to the librarians. For recurring examination proctoring, a minimum of 48 hours advance notice is required.
2. Re-scheduling of examination appointments is subject to the availability of the librarians.
3. The Library accepts no responsibility for any charges involved in proctoring such as photocopying, printing, or mailing charges. Any such costs are the responsibility of the student and must be paid after completing the exam in addition to the proctoring fee.
a. The Library will mail completed exams and/or scan any exam notes in a timely manner, but will not be held responsible for exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline date.
b. Please note that the Library does not have a fax machine. Exams may be mailed or scanned and emailed to the issuing institution.
4. Students should be aware that exams may have to be conducted in an open public area, which may not provide a distraction-free environment.
5. The Library does not guarantee the student will be monitored continuously.
6. Students must provide their own laptops and any supplies required to write the exam.
a. Students requiring use of a library computer will be stationed in the public access computer zone. In this case, the Library will attempt to provide a quiet station, but cannot guarantee a distraction-free or noise-free space.
7. The Library will not restrict Internet access during an examination. It is the responsibility of the student to adhere to their educational institution’s policies for Internet usage during an exam.
8. The Library is not responsible for unforeseen interruptions of the exam due to loss of power, Internet service, or other computer issues.
9. No software programs may be installed on library computers and the library is not responsible for troubleshooting login and authentication issues.
10. Examinations must be completed during Library opening hours, Monday to Saturday. The student is responsible for familiarizing themselves with these hours and ensuring that they have sufficient time to write any exam.
Please contact a librarian to arrange for examination proctoring:
Andrea Johnston, MA; MLIS
Sarah Birch, MLIS