Cochrane Public Library Proctoring Terms and Conditions
The Cochrane Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of the Town of Cochrane community. The Library will support these endeavours through proctoring services subject to the requirements of the issuing educational institutions and the availability of the Librarians and library resources.
Examination proctoring will be provided for a fee of $20.00 per exam, plus any associated printing costs @ 0.30 per page.
- Students must know their usernames and passwords to log onto their student accounts.
- All exams will be written in the open area. We recommend that student's bring along ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones as we cannot guarantee a quiet writing environment.
- All exam booking and communication must be done by the student, not the parents or guardians.
- The Cochrane Public Library does not guarantee continuous supervision.
- The Cochrane Public Library will not install software programs. Students must write on public computers and use regularly available web browsers.
- Students must give 72 business hours notice to cancel a proctor appointment.
Any student that arrives late, no shows, or frequently cancels exams may by refused proctor services. This is at the discretion of the management team.
Proctoring is subject to the following conditions:
- A minimum of one week advance notice is required for proctoring to ensure all documentation and information is supplied by the issuing institution to the librarians.
- Scheduling of examination appointments is subject to the availability of the librarians.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for any charges involved in proctoring such as photocopying, printing, or mailing charges. Any such costs are the responsibility of the student and must be paid after completing the exam in addition to the proctoring fee.
- The Library will mail completed exams and/or scan any exam notes in a timely manner, but will not be held responsible for exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline date.
- The Library does not have a fax machine. Exams may be mailed or scanned and emailed to the issuing institution.
- Exams are conducted in an open public area, which may not provide a distraction-free environment.
- The Library does not guarantee the student will be monitored continuously.
- Students must provide their own supplies required to write the exam.
- Students requiring use of a library computer will be stationed in the public access computer zone.
- The Library will not restrict Internet access during an examination. It is the responsibility of the student to adhere to their educational institution’s policies for Internet usage during an exam.
- The Library is not responsible for unforeseen interruptions of the exam due to loss of power, Internet service, or other computer issues.
- No software programs will be installed on library computers.
- The library is not responsible for troubleshooting login and authentication issues.