Using Other Library Systems
ME Card (Alberta-Wide Borrowing)
The ME Card allows you to check out items from other participating Alberta public libraries. Complete the online web form at melibraries.ca to create an account with the participating libraries of your choice. Then use your Cochrane Public Library card at the libraries you registered with.
All items borrowed at participating libraries can be returned to any ME library.
Please note when returning items using the ME Library system, it can take up to four weeks for the items to be removed from your account. You may receive notices informing of fines accruing, etc. but when the item is received at home library, it is backdated to the date it was received at the ME Library.
The Alberta Library Card (TAL)
TAL Cards (The Alberta Library Card), provide limited borrowing privileges at participating libraries throughout Alberta. To learn more about TAL, click here.
Is there something you’d like to borrow that the TRAC system doesn’t have? Request an interlibrary loan, and we’ll borrow it from another library system for you! All you need is a valid Cochrane Public Library card.
Items eligible for interlibrary loan include titles that Cochrane Public Library does not own in the following formats: print books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs.
We will not request audiobooks, CDs, or DVDs outside of Alberta.
Search for and place holds on materials from any participating Alberta Public or Academic Library with the Relais D2D Inter-Library Loan service.
- You can have up to ten active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- Most ILL requests are free. If there is a charge, staff will contact you before processing the request.
- ILL requests for titles that have yet to be published will be cancelled.
- Please talk to staff at the library if you wish to suspend an interlibrary loan.
- Depending on the material, an interlibrary loan may take four to six weeks to arrive. Please allow three weeks before checking the status of a request.
- Interlibrary loans cannot be renewed.