We want your Medieval-themed stories, reports, or poetry! Enter our writing contest for a chance to win a cash prize and to be knighted by our Medieval Day royalty!
- Contest participants must be between the ages of 10-19.
- Our library staff is happy to help you find sources! Come on in and chat with us!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Bring your written work by the Library on or before June 30, 2019 during the Library’s regular open hours.
- Include a cover page with the author’s name, age, phone number, guardian’s name, guardian’s signature, and date.
- Limit one (1) submission per author.
- Include a bibliography outlining the sources used for research or inspiration at the end of the work.
- Work should be stapled, in a folder, or in a binder and submitted to the front desk of the library.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE SUBMISSION ENTERED:
The following conditions apply to the Submission entered:
- Suggested word count 500 – 3,500 words.
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the,” but not the words on non-story pages such as the title page.
- Invented words are accepted.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- Stories can be fact or fiction, and prose or poetry.
- Stories must be original and written entirely by the author.
- Stories will be accepted in English only.