The Library is excited to announce that we will be reopening (with restrictions) on Monday June 29th!
Here' what you need to know:
The Library will reopen with limited hours until Phase 3 of the Alberta Plan to Reopen.
Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 6:00pm (Vulnerable population hours: 9:30am-10:30am)Saturday: 10:30am - 6:00pm (Vulnerable population hours: 9:30am-10:30am) Sundays: Closed
HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
The well-being of our community and staff is always our top priority.What we're doing to keep you safe:
- Offering contactless holds pickup.
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance between each other.
- Wearing face coverings while inside the library.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by AHS.
What we're asking you to do:
- Do not enter the library if you currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness or breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the library. All patrons will be required to use sanitizer upon entering.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- Masks will be provided for those individuals who would like to use them.
- Follow all directional signs and floor markings.
LIMITED COMPUTER USE:
Computers have been spaced 6 feet apart and will be disinfected between each use. Computer sessions will be limited to 30 minutes.
RETURNING ITEMS AND DUE DATES:
Our book drops are now open for you to return your checked out library items.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 4 days before getting checked in.
- All overdue fines have been waived during this time.
- Please return all physical items (garden tools, power tools, life jackets, games, telescopes, etc.) to the front desk NOT through the book chute.
PLACING ITEMS ON HOLD FOR PICK-UP:
Place items on hold and pick them up when you're notified that they are ready. Please call the library to set-up a pick-up time.Pickup is available:
Monday-Saturday | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.What you need to know:
- Place your holds online at tracpac.ab.ca
- Need help deciding what you want? Call us for help.
- Wait until you are notified that your items are ready for pick up and then call to set-up a pick-up time.
The Cochrane Public Library's Overall Plan to Reopen Slowly and Safely:
***THE FOLLOWING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY GIVEN TIME***
- Minimal staff in the Library Monday-Friday, 10-4
- Curbside pick-up being offered for patrons who have items on hold; staff will call patrons to arrange a pick-up time
- Book drop is open for RETURNS ONLY. NO DONATIONS ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
Curbside pick-up offered to everyone for items on the library’s shelves and at some Alberta libraries (please note, not all libraries are delivering items and delivery times are slower than usual. Please expect a delay when requesting out-of-library materials).
- Instructions on how to locate items will be posted on our website starting June 8
- When patrons receive a notification that their items are at the library, they will call us to arrange a pick-up time
PHASE 3: (We are here)
- Library opened with restrictions
- Limited number of patrons will be allowed inside the library for a limited period of time (15 patrons in for 30 minutes max.)
- Hand washing / sanitizing, social distancing, etc. will be required
OTHER INFORMATION TO NOTE:
- The Annual Book Sale has been cancelled for 2020